Hi. I just did a do-release-upgrade from Ubuntu Server 12.04 to 14.04
LTS. After the upgrade eth0 does not exist. Networking fails on boot.
Its on a Dell PowerEdge 2950 with one network connection and one static
address on eth0 only (dual nics, 2nd is not being used).

Here is the error I'm getting when trying to ifup eth0.

RTNETLINK answers: no such process
[61709.025401] bnx2: Can't load firmware file "bnx2/bnx2-mips-06-6.2.3.fw"
RTNETLINK answers: No such file or directory
Failed to bring up eth0.

If I check dmesg, I can see the same error that it can't load the
firmware file. I checked in /lib/firmware and the file is indeed there.

This could be a dupe of this bug. However, I was told to file a new one as it
is still an issue.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/udev/+bug/842560

** Affects: systemd (Ubuntu)

Upgrade from Ubuntu 12.04 LTS to 14.04 LTS Server. Can't bring up eth0.
RTNETLINK answers: no such process [61709.025401] bnx2: can't load firmware
file bnx2/bnx2-mips-06-6.2.3.fw
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1712575
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu Touch
seeded packages, which is subscribed to systemd in Ubuntu.