My system did not have crash files for the problem reported, and number
2 and 3 options did not work. The workaround did not enable crash
reports.

Rather than diving into the rabbit hole, I upgraded to 20.04 LTS,
knowing that the network manager would be replaced by the new one, using
ip instead of ifconfig.

The upgrade went smoothly and networking is now working again as
expected.

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to network-manager in Ubuntu.

  NetworkManager crashes with segfault after July 2020 updates

Status in network-manager package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid

Bug description:
  Ubuntu 18.04 upgraded from 16.04 in 2018. System was working fine
  until latest batch of updates/patches.

  PC boots up without issues, but there is no network when desktop
  appears. dmesg does not show any problems related to network. It
  appears network simply does not attempt to start. When trying to start
  network-manager manually, it crashes with segfault.

  Network does start manually with: sudo ip link set dev eno1 up
  Followed by: sudo dhclient -v eno1
  NetworkManager applets say "something went wrong"

  Output of lsb_release -rd:
  Release:        18.04

  Output of apt-cache policy pkgname:
  network-manager:
    Installed: 1.10.6-2ubuntu1.4
    Candidate: 1.10.6-2ubuntu1.4
    Version table:
   *** 1.10.6-2ubuntu1.4 500
          500 http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu bionic-updates/main amd64
Packages
          100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
       1.10.6-2ubuntu1.1 500
         500 http://security.ubuntu.com/ubuntu bionic-security/main amd64
Packages
       1.10.6-2ubuntu1 500
         500 http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu bionic/main amd64 Packages

  What I expected to happen:
  System should boot up normally and have network available, via DHCP

  What happened instead:
  System boots up, network is not configured, there are no errors, but
NetworkManager crashes upon manual start.