You might be right that the remaining ones that slip through your regex
are mere "nuisance"s. But you know how those things go - one man's
nuisance is another man's vuln. Some of those, anyhow, are implemented
by the Linux console driver.

Why not just take the tried and true "safe" route, as implemented by
vis(3)'s VIS_SAFE or similar? Otherwise it sounds like you're playing
with a bit of fire.

Put differently, is there some legitimate use case of the ANSI escape
characters that make you want to preserve some of their usage while
disallowing other parts? If so, that would really surprise me.

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to software-properties in

  ansi escape sequence injection in add-apt-repository

Status in software-properties package in Ubuntu:

  This was reported to oss-security and to secur...@ubuntu.com, but I
  figure I should make a real bug report, as otherwise it'll probably be
  missed. Original post from https://www.openwall.com/lists/oss-
  security/2020/08/03/1 follows below.

  --

  Hi,

  I've found a rather low grade concern: I'm able to inject ANSI escape
  sequences into PPA descriptions on Launchpad, and then have them
  rendered by add-apt-repository *before* the user consents to actually
  adding that repository. There might be some sort of trust barrier
  issue with that. This could be used to clear the screen and imitate a
  fresh bash prompt, upload files, dump the current screen to a file, or
  other classic shenanigans, well chronicled in the archives of oss-sec.

  PoC time -- I'm using this "feature" for good at the moment to
  announce the deprecation in bold text of a PPA that I maintain:
  https://data.zx2c4.com/add-apt-repository-ansi-injection.png

  The proper fix to this is likely to do sanitization on the
  add-apt-repository side.

  Regards,
  Jason