Another thing to try:
Change to "on-demand" mode. (I'm not sure, but this may require another reboot
or log out):
sudo prime-select on-demand

Verification (first command should show AMD and second command Nvidia):
glxinfo -B
__NV_PRIME_RENDER_OFFLOAD=1 __GLX_VENDOR_LIBRARY_NAME=nvidia glxinfo -B

If all goes well, you can run programs on the Nvidia GPU by by setting the
variables as in the previous command. Or, if you don't want to type all that
every time, you can make a new command. Note that this long command is all one
line:
alias prime_run=__NV_PRIME_RENDER_OFFLOAD=1 __VK_LAYER_NV_optimus=NVIDIA_only
__GLX_VENDOR_LIBRARY_NAME=nvidia

To make the alias permanent, add the line to the end of ~/.bashrc file

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to xorg in Ubuntu.

  Graphics slow on hybrid AMD/Nvidia laptop

Status in xorg package in Ubuntu:

  I selected the nvidia driver as I did not know which package to
  select.  I am pretty sure that is not the problem as that driver is
  supposed to support the hybrid graphics in this laptop.

  What I was expecting on the clean install of Kubuntu was to use the
  dedicated Nvidia video card for graphics and I do believe with these
  hybrid graphics is it supposed to use the on CPU graphics for less
  intensive graphics.  Personally, I would be happy if the dedicated
  Nvidia card was only used at this point.

  What has happened is the system is showing AMD RENOIR (DRM 3.38.0,
  5.8.0-18-generic, LLVM 10.0.1) in the info centre and the VMWare
  driver is also showing in Steam.  The games I have tried to launch in
  steam are running at about 1FPS and I have tried games like Farming
  Similator 2013 which are very old and this computer should be able to
  run at well above 60FPPS.

  I get the same problem on Kubuntu 20.04.01 as well as 20.10.  Running
  the Nvidia X Server Settings shows the proper video driver and video
  card, but it does say None beside display devices.

  I tried hours to try and fix this problem.  I first thought it was a
  driver issue, but tried deveral different version of the proprietary
  Nvidia driver with no change.  I made sure I am using the latest
  driver only released a couple months ago still with no change.  The
  open source driver only shows a blank screen.

  I then thought maybe the computer is only using the on CPU Ryzen
  graphics; even though that should still get better than 1 FPS.  So, I
  tried solutions to force the dedicated video card.  sudo prime-select
  nvidia says the nvidia profile is already set.  The nvidia settings
  does not have any setting to force the video card as well.  prime-
  select query shows nvidia as well.  Most solutions seem to be for
  intel chipsets with the Nvidia 1050 and I have an AMD with Nvidia
  1050.

  Package: nvidia-driver-450 450.66-0ubuntu1
  NonfreeKernelModules: nvidia_modeset nvidia
  ApportVersion: 2.20.11-0ubuntu45
  Architecture: amd64
  CasperMD5CheckResult: skip
  CurrentDesktop: KDE
  Date: Tue Sep  8 09:22:39 2020
  InstallationMedia: Kubuntu 20.10 "Groovy Gorilla" - Alpha amd64 (20200907)
  ProcEnviron:
   LANGUAGE=en_CA:en
   PATH=(custom, no user)
   XDG_RUNTIME_DIR=<set>
   LANG=en_CA.UTF-8
   SHELL=/bin/bash
  SourcePackage: nvidia-graphics-drivers-450