** Summary changed:

- [chtmax98090 - chtmax98090, playback] Pulseaudio fails to detect card //
Bluetooth and USB devices work but internal speakers do not work (gives dummy
output)
+ [chtmax98090][Dell Chromebook 11 'candy'] Pulseaudio fails to detect card //
Bluetooth and USB devices work but internal speakers do not work (gives dummy
output)

** Also affects: linux (Ubuntu)

   chtmax98090 not working out of the box

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to pulseaudio in Ubuntu.

  [chtmax98090][Dell Chromebook 11 'candy'] Pulseaudio fails to detect
  card // Bluetooth and USB devices work but internal speakers do not
  work (gives dummy output)

Status in linux package in Ubuntu:
  New
Status in pulseaudio package in Ubuntu:

  To give some other background information:

  Release:      20.04

  pulseaudio:
    Installed: 1:13.99.1-1ubuntu3.6
    Candidate: 1:13.99.1-1ubuntu3.6
    Version table:
   *** 1:13.99.1-1ubuntu3.6 500
          500 http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu focal-updates/main amd64
Packages
          100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
       1:13.99.1-1ubuntu3.2 500
          500 http://security.ubuntu.com/ubuntu focal-security/main amd64
Packages
       1:13.99.1-1ubuntu3 500
          500 http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu focal/main amd64 Packages

  Linux is fairly new for me and any other information I need to provide
  can be given as long as I am told on how to retrieve it.

  This system I am currently using is Dell Chromebook 11 (Candy MODEL) with 4
GB Ram and 16 GB of Har drive space. I am primarily using a Linux Distro such
as Ubuntu or other distros in the same family. (This one is Linux Lite)
  Audio will play from USB connected devices or Bluetooth speakers/headphones.
Internal speakers do not work at this moment and give me Dummy Output. The
configuration file in puvucontrol gives me HDMI outputs or surround sound but
no option for the internal speakers.
  I'm pretty sure my kernal driver is snd_hda-intel and tried loading different
drivers from the file in '/etc/modprobe.d/alsa-base.conf' but to no avail.
  I'm not sure if this certain device cannot produce output from a linux distro
but I will be trying other resources. I've reinstalled Pulse audio, its base
and reinstalled Linux on this machine multiple times.

  Package: pulseaudio 1:13.99.1-1ubuntu3.6
  NonfreeKernelModules: zfs zunicode zavl icp zcommon znvpair
  ApportVersion: 2.20.11-0ubuntu27.9
  Architecture: amd64
  AudioDevicesInUse:
   USER        PID ACCESS COMMAND
   /dev/snd/controlC1:  areebcancode   1417 F.... pulseaudio
  CasperMD5CheckResult: skip
  CurrentDesktop: XFCE