Ths bug affects me too

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to friends-app in Ubuntu.

  is friend app not available in 14.10?

Status in “friends-app” package in Ubuntu:

  is friend app not available in 14.10. I used to get notifications in the
previous versions of ubuntu.
  Its not working in 14.10.

  I was using the friends app till ubuntu 14.04 as soon as I updated to ubuntu
14.10, the friends app is not working.
  I used to get notifications (notify osd) in the previous version. Neither the
app is getting updated with the latest feeds from
  twitter and facebook nor I am getting any notifications.

  I tried uninstalling and reinstalling as well as remove the online accounts
from the systems settings menu and added the accounts again.
  Neither way it doesnt seems to work.

  It was reallt a very good application. Please some one help me on
  this.

  Is the friends app still supported in the latest version of ubuntu?