Update: I was able to get the speakers to make sound by installing
linux-oem and by allowing updates from focal-proposed.

As expected, alsamixer now shows a lot of options.  There are still a few
issues:
1) The audio is stuttery, most playback is too fast (e.g. YouTube or MP3s), and
other playback doesn't work at all (e.g. Zoom).
2) The microphone is not detected.

Further, lspci still doesn't show the Realtek card.

** Summary changed:

- Sound card not detected on Dell Latitude 9510
+ Sound card not detected on Dell Latitude 9510 (Realtek ALC711)

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to alsa-driver in Ubuntu.

  Sound card not detected on Dell Latitude 9510 (Realtek ALC711)

Status in alsa-driver package in Ubuntu:

  I am running Ubuntu 20.04.01 LTS, kernel version 5.6.0-1027-oem
  (checked via uname -r).

  I believe my sound card is not being detected by Ubuntu.  I checked the
serial number and via BIOS (which I've upgraded to the latest version)
according to the specs
(https://topics-cdn.dell.com/pdf/latitude-15-9510-2-in-1-laptop_owners-manual5_en-us.pdf)
 the sound controller/speaker should be Realtek ALC711-CG / Realtek ALC1309D.

  However, when I run lspci only the following device appears:
  00:1f.3 Multimedia audio controller [0401]: Intel Corporation Device
[8086:02c8]

  In alsamixer, only the HDMI port appears.

  alsa-info output: http://alsa-
  project.org/db/?f=f2b70f6eb1a237378bf563cacb6f192ce0a677c3