> "Please upgrade to bionic or focal?"

Is this an official recommendation from Ubuntu, that users shall migrate
off Xenial now, because of a security issue in a core library?

And there I was, thinking we have until April 2021 ...

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to openssl in Ubuntu.

  Fix Raccoon vulnerability (CVE-2020-1968)

Status in openssl package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Released
Status in openssl source package in Xenial:

  Xenial's current OpenSSL (1.0.2g-1ubuntu4.16) seems to not have been
  patched yet against the Raccoon Attack (CVE-2020-1968):

  - https://www.openssl.org/news/secadv/20200909.txt
  - https://cve.mitre.org/cgi-bin/cvename.cgi?name=CVE-2020-1968
  - https://raccoon-attack.com/

  Ubuntu's CVE tracker still lists this as NEEDED for Xenial:

  - https://people.canonical.com/~ubuntu-security/cve/2020/CVE-2020-1968.html
  - https://people.canonical.com/~ubuntu-security/cve/pkg/openssl.html

  Other supported Ubuntu releases use versions of OpenSSL that are not
  affected.

  Indeed:

    $ apt-cache policy openssl
    openssl:
      Installed: 1.0.2g-1ubuntu4.16

    $ apt-get changelog openssl | grep CVE-2020-1968 || echo "Not patched"
    Not patched

  What is the status?