I guess when problem happens, the alsa driver gets a fake plugging in
event.

Please help collect the log:

when problem happens, run 'pa-info > pa-info.txt' and upload the pa-
info.txt.

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to pulseaudio in Ubuntu.

  "Select an audio" menu when user have not even inserted headphone
  jack.

Status in pulseaudio package in Ubuntu:

  GNOME 3.36.3 | Ubuntu 20.04.1

  It has been a month and I have been experiencing this weird behavior.

      Earphone option like this 3 while unlocking the laptop as if I
  have inserted earphones.

  Some details this issue:
  I have to wait like 10 min or so after the lock of the screen. This will
trigger something and when I open the lid or touch mouse pad to unlock, I get
earphone options to chooose in the screen as if I have inserted headphone jack.

  Something is wrong. I want to know why. This didn't used to happen a
  month ago. I waited a month to report this issue thinking it will get
  resolved in upcoming updates but sadly no changes so far. I think some
  Ubuntu's GNOME update might have something to do this. This is my wild
  guess. But very certain about it. Let me know.

  Although the issue might seems really small issue but very annoying to
  go throw this EVERYDAY.

  I would love to know what is causing this? When its fixed? Is there
  something wrong on my side?

  Note: This happens ONLY when I try to unlock the screen after like >10
  min or so.

  Package: pulseaudio 1:13.99.1-1ubuntu3.6
  NonfreeKernelModules: zfs zunicode zavl icp zcommon znvpair
  ApportVersion: 2.20.11-0ubuntu27.8
  Architecture: amd64
  AudioDevicesInUse:
   USER        PID ACCESS COMMAND
   /dev/snd/controlC1:  pranav     3554 F.... pulseaudio
   /dev/snd/controlC0:  pranav     3554 F.... pulseaudio
  CasperMD5CheckResult: skip
  CurrentDesktop: ubuntu:GNOME