The verification of the Stable Release Update for apport has completed
successfully and the package is now being released to -updates.
Subsequently, the Ubuntu Stable Release Updates Team is being
unsubscribed and will not receive messages about this bug report.  In
the event that you encounter a regression using the package from
-updates please report a new bug using ubuntu-bug and tag the bug report
regression-update so we can easily find any regressions.

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to apport in Ubuntu.

  use builtin dump_acpi_tables.py in hookutils

Status in Apport:
  New
Status in OEM Priority Project:
  Fix Committed
Status in apport package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Released
Status in apport source package in Focal:
  Fix Released
Status in apport source package in Groovy:

  1. add apcidump to hookutils.py:attach_hardware and use the builtin
dump_acpi_tables.py.
  2. remove explicit acpidump from oem-getlogs to use the builtin one.
  3. refine usage string in oem-getlogs.

  To SRU to focal:

  [Impact]

   * for OEM project, lts is been used. And collect log is important.
     With built-in tool to get acpidump, we don't need to install
     extra tool in the end-customer's machine. That make it much
     easier for the oem process.

   * By call built-in utility, we no lounger need to install extra
     tools to collect data that's both complete and convenient for
     HWE people to work on.

  [Test Case]

   * before this applied, run oem-getlog without install acpidump.
     we can't get the dump data. After this applied, we can just dump
     the data HWE need.

   * test step: install the new package, run

     sudo -E oem-getlogs [-c case_id] to get the

     use apport-unpack to unpack the apport file.

     check the acpidump file. HWE people know much better on check
     the acpidump file. Give the dump_acpi_tables.py just updated and SRUed
     by HWE/ACPI/UEFI expert, it's pretty safe to do so.

  [Regression Potential]

   * Given the modification change the way to collect log, even it
     failed, it won't break apport itself. Just the collected log
     might contain data not so valid.

   * Given acpidump mostly used by HWE/ACIP/UEFI expert, and they
     just reviewed and updated the dump_acpi_tables.py script, I
     believe it will have good quality.