ibus 1.5.23-0ubuntu1 has migrated to groovy-release.

** Changed in: ibus (Ubuntu)

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to ibus in Ubuntu.

  [UIFe] IBus 1.5.23

Status in ibus package in Ubuntu:

  Do we want IBus 1.5.23 in groovy? I built it successfully here:

  https://launchpad.net/~gunnarhj/+archive/ubuntu/ibus

  and it seems to run smoothly. debian/ is from Debian's repo and only
  modified with the patch adjustments necessary to apply to the new
  upstream.

  Upstream's release notes:

  https://github.com/ibus/ibus/releases/tag/1.5.23

  The biggest change is that /usr/share/ibus/component/simple.xml, with
  the XKB keyboard layouts, is significantly larger than before. The UI
  for adding input methods seems to handle it fine. But the additional
  layouts should be seen as a bug fix IMO, in response to the bugs
  mentioned at bug #1835541.

  Otherwise it's mostly bug fixes (and insignificant low risk
  improvements).

  The UIFe request is due to some new translatable strings. I will
  notify the documentation and translation teams if this is approved.