Problem persists on 20.04.

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to alsa-driver in Ubuntu.

  [UX301LAA, Realtek ALC282, Black Headphone Out, Left] Microphone in
  headset not detected

Status in alsa-driver package in Ubuntu:
  Expired

Bug description:
  I asked my question on askubuntu.com, and it was suggested that my
  problem was a bug, so reporting here.

  According to the specs

(http://www.asus.com/us/Notebooks_Ultrabooks/ASUS_ZENBOOK_UX301LA/specifications/),
  my laptop has a Microphone-in/Headphone-out jack.

  I also have two different headsets, both of which works just fine as a
  headset when used with my phone.

  However, Ubuntu doesn't appear to recognize the headset as having a
  microphone.

  Under Sound and the Output tab, the only item listed changes from
  "Speakers Built-in Audio" to "Headphones Built-in Audio" when
  connected.

  The input tab shows no reaction at all to the headset being connected.
  It lists "Microphone Build-in Audio" and "Analog input Built-in
  Audio." Both the input options clearly take audio from the computers
  built in microphone, rather the headsets. Tapping the laptop gives
  large spikes on the Input level indicator, while tapping the
  microphone on the headset gives little to no response.

  What can I do to get the headset recognized?

  $ lspci -k | grep -A2 Audio
  00:03.0 Audio device: Intel Corporation Haswell-ULT HD Audio Controller (rev
09)
      Subsystem: Intel Corporation Device 2010
      Kernel driver in use: snd_hda_intel
  --
  00:1b.0 Audio device: Intel Corporation Lynx Point-LP HD Audio Controller
(rev 04)

  $ lsb_release -rd
  Release:      14.04

  $ apt-cache policy alsa-base
  alsa-base:
    Installed: 1.0.25+dfsg-0ubuntu4
    Candidate: 1.0.25+dfsg-0ubuntu4
    Version table:
   *** 1.0.25+dfsg-0ubuntu4 0
          500 http://se.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ trusty/main amd64 Packages
          100 /var/lib/dpkg/status

  Package: alsa-base 1.0.25+dfsg-0ubuntu4
  ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 3.13.0-36.63-generic 3.13.11.6
  Uname: Linux 3.13.0-36-generic x86_64
  ApportVersion: 2.14.1-0ubuntu3.4
  Architecture: amd64
  AudioDevicesInUse:
   USER        PID ACCESS COMMAND
   /dev/snd/controlC1:  letharion   2923 F.... pulseaudio
   /dev/snd/pcmC1D0c:   letharion   2923 F...m pulseaudio
   /dev/snd/pcmC1D0p:   letharion   2923 F...m pulseaudio
   /dev/snd/controlC0:  letharion   2923 F.... pulseaudio
  CurrentDesktop: Unity