Try this. Create 3 html pages.

01.html
02.html
03.html

Open them into separate windows in the order 1, 2, 3.

Go to the Firefox icon in the Launcher and left-click on it, which gives
you the same sort of view of all the windows. Navigate to window 1. Do
this again, navigating to window 2. And again, navigating to window 3.
>From this point on whenever you go to the launcher, the window at the
top left will be the one you accessed longest ago. So, if you hit the
Launcher icon at this point and always click on the first, top window,
you will see:

01, 02, 03, 01, 02, 03, 01, 02, 03, .... etc, forever.

If you are looking at 5 windows, you will get:

01, 02, 03, 04, 05, 01, 02, 03, 04, 05, ..., forever.

In other words, you will be navigating through all the windows in an
orderly manner.

Then go to window 1. Hit alt-grave and pick the window at the top-left.
It will be either 02 or 03. Say that it is 02. So, now 02 is front-most.
Hit alt-grave again. The left, top window will be 01. So, if you hit
alt-grave and take the top-left window, you will get:

01, 02, 01, 02, 01, 02, ... forever.

Note that if you have 20 windows open and you do this, the windows you
will see by hitting alt-grave and selecting the top-left window are:

01, 02, 01, 02, 01, 02, etc, etc, etc.

You see that there is a difference, yes?

My initial report was a bit more complex than this, but if you want
something that is 100% reproducible and as simple as I can make it, here
it is.

If you fix this, it will be clear how to use alt-grave to navigate
through all the windows. If you do not, then alt-grave gives you a list
and the order of the list is changed every time, so you have to search,
yourself, for one of the pages you have not already navigated through.
And, as I pointed out, rather than make me play whack-a-mole in 20
windows, the windows could be presented in a logical order, as they are
from clicking on the Launcher icon.

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to unity in Ubuntu.

  alt-backtick switcher does not iterate through all windows

Status in Unity:
  Incomplete
Status in “unity” package in Ubuntu:

  There is a serious problem with how the alt-backtick (or alt-grave)
  switching works. Say I have 10 windows open in Firefox. It is almost
  impossible to iterate through all 10 of them. This is, I think, for 2
  reasons.

  First, every time the "spread" comes up, the windows are in a
  different, and seemingly random, order.

  If I hit alt-grave over and over again, I just observed it cycling
  back and forth between 2 windows. It goes between the start window and
  another, and I have no idea how that window was chosen.

  How do I look at the 2nd window, then the 3rd, the the 4th, and so on?

  As of now, I have to look at the spread and, for each one, remember
  which one I have looked at and which I have not. If there are 3
  windows, this is fine. But if there are 10 or 12? No. The fact that
  the windows come up in random order (mentioned above) makes this
  harder. I cannot even remember the positions of the windows I have
  examined. I have to actually find the window content.

  It would be nice if the job of remember which windows I have seen as I
  iterated through the available windows was not a job that I had to do,
  but a job that software could do for me. Is there software that can do
  this for me? If so, please let me know which it is.

  thanx - ray

  ps: I have read through these for help:

http://www.reddit.com/r/Ubuntu/comments/jv5vy/ubuntu_1110_so_far_screenshot_tour_by_jono_bacon/c2fk1bs

  http://askubuntu.com/questions/28086/what-are-unitys-keyboard-and-
  mouse-shortcuts

  http://design.canonical.com/2012/03/task-switching-in-ubuntu-and-a
  -introduction-to-the-spread/

  Let me know if there is other doc that shows how to configure window
  switching or what key-combo to use.

  Package: unity 7.2.2+14.04.20140714-0ubuntu1.1
  ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 3.13.0-37.64-generic 3.13.11.7
  Uname: Linux 3.13.0-37-generic x86_64
  ApportVersion: 2.14.1-0ubuntu3.5
  Architecture: amd64
  CompizPlugins:
[core,composite,opengl,compiztoolbox,decor,vpswitch,snap,mousepoll,resize,place,move,wall,grid,regex,imgpng,session,gnomecompat,animation,fade,unitymtgrabhandles,workarounds,scale,expo,ezoom,unityshell]
  CurrentDesktop: Unity
  Date: Mon Oct 27 17:11:22 2014
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 12.04.3 LTS "Precise Pangolin" - Release amd64
(20130820.1)
  SourcePackage: unity
  UpgradeStatus: Upgraded to trusty on 2014-08-14 (74 days ago)