@b-azazi-g I had the same problem and this fixed it

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to cups in Ubuntu.

  Printer won't print although Ubuntu says that job is completed, also
  driver won't update

Status in cups package in Ubuntu:

  Hi,
  I have canon LBP3000 laser printer. I have downloaded both versions of driver
from canon, version 1.6 and 1.8, and followed step by step instructions. I also
checked all over the net for the solution, but found none.
  My printer is identified, and status is fine, just it wont print. This is in
detail what happens, and the steps I followed.
  First I made sure that I have removed printer's spooler:

  /usr/sbin/lpadmin -x LBP5000

  Then, I installed these provided packages:

  # dpkg -i cndrvcups-common_1.80-1_i386.deb

  # dpkg -i cndrvcups-capt_1.80-1_i386.deb

  I checked for driver version by:

  # dpkg -l | grep cndrvcups

  and it was fine, 1.80

  Then I restarted cups and registered:
  /usr/sbin/lpadmin -p LBP3000 -m CNCUPSLBP3000CAPTK.ppd -v ccp:/var/ccpd/fifo0
-E
  /usr/sbin/ccpdadmin -p LBP3000 -o /dev/usb/lp0

  And started daemon:

  # /etc/init.d/ccpd start

  In system/preferences/default printer my printer is set as default

  In system/administration/printing there is LBP3000 with green check

  I click on properties and I noticed that for driver it says 1.5
  version. That was odd, but I tried nonetheless. I did print page, it
  said completed, but no printing occurred. I then tried to changeMake
  and Model by clicking on the button to the right and chosing the right
  ppt file, since from select from database was only that 1.5 version
  driver that probably came with Ubuntu. I am using 9.04, so its a bit
  odd that it has driver so old.

  In previous steps you noticed that in fifo0 I registered my ppt, and
  fifo0 is chosen, but still that 1.5 version, and printer wont print
  anything although status says everything is fine and printing jobs
  compleated.

  It took me hours and hours working on this, but still no solution.

  ProblemType: Bug
  Architecture: i386
  DistroRelease: Ubuntu 9.04
  ExecutablePath: /usr/bin/yelp