The issue should be fixed with this update

https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/python-apt/2.1.3ubuntu3

it does sound like we should do better than having software-properties
bail out every start of cycle until python-apt is updated, I'm going to
repurpose the bug for that issue

** Changed in: software-properties (Ubuntu)

** Changed in: software-properties (Ubuntu)

** Changed in: python-apt (Ubuntu)

** Changed in: python-apt (Ubuntu)

** Summary changed:

- Ubuntu Mate 21.04 Software & Updates fails to run
+ Every cycle python-apt breaks until updated for the new distro codename

** Description changed:

- When trying to open "Software & Updates" it shows in the dock, but fails
- to run. I realize that now I am unable to restore packages that were
- disabled during the install.
+ The problem is currently happening in hirsute (fixed with the python-apt
+ in proposed, software-properties fails to start due a python-apt error
+
+   File
"/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/softwareproperties/SoftwareProperties.py", line
605, in reload_sourceslist
+     self.distro.get_sources(self.sourceslist)
+   File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/aptsources/distro.py", line 91, in
get_sources
+     raise NoDistroTemplateException(
+ aptsources.distro.NoDistroTemplateException: Error: could not find a
distribution template for Ubuntu/hirsute
+
+ Could we try to handle the missing codename in a way that doesn't make
+ python-apt users blow up every cycle until we play catching up?

** Changed in: python-apt (Ubuntu)

** Tags added: rls-hh-incoming

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to python-apt in Ubuntu.

  Every cycle python-apt breaks until updated for the new distro
  codename

Status in Ubuntu MATE:
  New
Status in python-apt package in Ubuntu:
  Confirmed
Status in software-properties package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid

Bug description: