This also happens to me - NOT a guest session.

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to lightdm in Ubuntu.

  Xubuntu 20.04 Guest Session Logout Fails

Status in lightdm package in Ubuntu:

  I've edited "/usr/share/lightdm/lightdm.conf.d/50-disable-guest.conf"
  so that it now has "allow-guest=true". And I'm now able to login to a
  Guest Session.

  But when I attempt to logout I get:

  Receiver error while trying to log out
  GDBus.Error.org .. Type of message "(yb)", does not match expected type "(b)"

  This occurs on both of the Xubuntu 20.04 machines I have, and also on
  a Virtualbox guest.

  lsb_release -rd
  Release:      20.04

  apt-cache policy lightdm