Hello Salim, or anyone else affected,

Accepted librsvg into focal-proposed. The package will build now and be
available at
https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/librsvg/2.48.9-1ubuntu0.20.04.1 in
a few hours, and then in the -proposed repository.

Please help us by testing this new package.  See
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Testing/EnableProposed for documentation on how
to enable and use -proposed.  Your feedback will aid us getting this
update out to other Ubuntu users.

If this package fixes the bug for you, please add a comment to this bug,
mentioning the version of the package you tested, what testing has been
performed on the package and change the tag from verification-needed-
focal to verification-done-focal. If it does not fix the bug for you,
please add a comment stating that, and change the tag to verification-
failed-focal. In either case, without details of your testing we will
not be able to proceed.

Further information regarding the verification process can be found at
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/QATeam/PerformingSRUVerification .  Thank you in
advance for helping!

N.B. The updated package will be released to -updates after the bug(s)
fixed by this package have been verified and the package has been in
-proposed for a minimum of 7 days.

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to librsvg in Ubuntu.

  SRU the current 2.48.9 stable update

Status in librsvg package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Released
Status in librsvg source package in Focal:
  Fix Committed

Bug description:
  * Impact

  That's the current GNOME stable update, which fixes a number of
  issues, including a regression[1] since librsvg 2.40.x which was
  shipped in Ubuntu 16.04. The NEWS file[2] summarizes the relevant
  changes between Ubuntu 20.04's current librsvg 2.48.7 (that version
  was also introduced by an SRU back in July[3]) and the current version
  2.48.9. The complete list of changes is available on GNOME GitLab[4].

  * Test case

  The update is part of GNOME stable updates[5].

  Smoke testing by opening SVG images with eog or importing them with
  gimp can be performed to ensure there are no regressions.

  * Regression potential

  This is a bugfix-only stable micro-release, however librsvg is a core
  component with a number of reverse dependencies. A combination of
  autopkgtests and manual smoke testing to try and detect SVG rendering
  issues should be performed.

  * Notes about this report

  This is my first SRU request (and at the same time my first launchpad
  bug report). I'm not really familiar with the whole SRU process which
  is why I first asked about it on Ubuntu's official discourse forum[6].
  Canonical's Sebastien Bacher encouraged me to open this ticket. I've
  copied over some parts of the last librsvg SRU ticket[3]. I hope this
  is fine.

  Thanks for considering this SRU.

  [1]: https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/librsvg/-/issues/642

  [2]: https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/librsvg/-/blob/librsvg-2.48/NEWS

  [3]: https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1884326

  [4]: https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/librsvg/-/compare/2.48.7...2.48.9

  [5]: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/StableReleaseUpdates/GNOME

  [6]: https://discourse.ubuntu.com/t/most-straight-forward-way-to-get-
  librsvg2-microrelease-update-into-focal-updates/19238