Eric, the updates are built ready in the security team PPA since Dec 10
and only need to be released. I've subscribed security team, but you
might want to talk to them directly.

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to python-apt in Ubuntu.

  segmentation fault when opening fd

Status in python-apt package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Released
Status in python-apt source package in Xenial:
  New
Status in python-apt source package in Bionic:
  New
Status in python-apt source package in Focal:
  New
Status in python-apt source package in Groovy:
  New
Status in python-apt package in Debian:
  Unknown

Bug description:
  [Impact]

  USN-4668-1 introduced a regression in python-apt when using certain
  APIs with a file handle.

  [Test case]

  # Landscape scenario:
  1) On the Landscape server, create a package profile that installs a single
package, 'hello' is enough.
  2) On the Landscape server, apply the package profile to a client
  3) On the Landscape client, verify that there is no segfault message on
'/var/log/kern.log'
  4) On the Landscape server, verify that the activity to apply the package
profile ends with success.

  Step 3) would show a segfault and step 4), the activity would stay 'In
  Progress' forever.

  # dak scenario:
  dak crashes with a segmentation fault in python3-apt when processing
  uploads or processing the NEW queue on ftp-master; and also on my
  playground server (used to generate the backtrace).

  [Where problems could occurs]

  [Other info]

  See Debian bug:

  Fix: