Thraks for your attention, I tried to update to ubuntu20.10. On ubuntu20.10,
gnome-shell3.38.1 still reproduced this issue, but the problem was solved by
updating to gnome-shell3.38.2.
Since I need to use ubuntu20.04, will ubuntu20.04 be updated with a new
gnome-shell version that supports modemmanager-1.14.2, or can you tell me how
to support modemmanager-1.14.2 on the current ubuntu20.04.
Thanks a lot.

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to modemmanager in Ubuntu.

  While I updating ModemManager to 1.14.2, there isno mobile broadband
  in system status bar drop-down menu.

  Invalid
Status in modemmanager package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid

Bug description:
  While I updating ModemManager to 1.14.2, there isno mobile broadband in
system status bar drop-down menu.
  I just can see mobile broadband in network in system settings menu.

  OS: ubuntu20.04
  Module: SDX55
  ModemManager:1.14.2
  iusse: 1.No mobile broadband in system status bar drop-down menu.
         2.Every time I connect to the mobile broadband network in system
settings menu, I need to add new connection.