The false positives on kernel ADT matrix were caused by an issue in
dkms-autopkgtest shipped by the dkms package, as we discussed here:

https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/kernel-team/2021-February/116985.html

All the dkms packages which were failing to build in Focal with the
hwe-5.8 kernel are now fixed. We need now to fix dkms to make sure this
won't happen again.

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to apt in Ubuntu.

  linux from security may force reboots without complete dkms modules

Status in apt package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid
Status in dkms package in Ubuntu:
  New
Status in linux package in Ubuntu:
  Confirmed
Status in linux-meta package in Ubuntu:
  New
Status in unattended-upgrades package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid
Status in update-manager package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid

Bug description:
  Whilst discussing

  https://discourse.ubuntu.com/t/improvements-for-hardware-support-in-
  ubuntu-desktop-installation-media/20606

  We have noticed a reference to somebody not having working backport-
  iwlwifi-dkms, whilst SRU of that happened before the v5.4 -> v5.8
  switch.

  However, kernel meta switch was pushed to security pocket, but the
  dkms modules are all in -updates only.

  This may result in people automatically installing the new kernel with
  unatanded upgrades; dkms modules failing to build; and a reboot
  required flag left on disk.

  At this point launching update manager will not offer to install dkms
  modules from updates, and will guide the users to reboot..... which
  will then cause them to boot the new kernel without the dkms modules
  that might be providing networking for them.

  Should dkms modules SRUs always getting published into -security
  pocket, as well as the -updates pocket?

  Should linux maintainer scripts prevent touching reboot required flag
  if any dkms modules fail to build?

  Should apt / unattanded-upgrades / update-manager always update dkms
  modules with kernels?