** Changed in: ubuntu-z-systems

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to binutils in Ubuntu.

  [UBUNTU 20.04] Accept vector alignment hints on z13 (binutils)

Status in Ubuntu on IBM z Systems:
  Fix Released
Status in binutils package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Released
Status in binutils source package in Focal:
  Fix Released
Status in binutils source package in Groovy:

  == Comment: #0 - Heinz-Werner Seeck <heinz-werner_se...@de.ibm.com> -
2020-07-31 03:28:30 ==
  On z13 we have that vector alignment hints are already accepted. This
backport enables GAS to accept such hints not only for target z14 but also for
z13. Since GCCs default target on Ubuntu is z13 for s390x, we could greatly
benefit from such alignment hints. (note a separate bugzilla entry for GCC
allowing to emit alignment hints for z13 will be opened shortly)

  This is a backport of upstreams commit 26b6ab7a0e.

  Userspace tool common name: as

  The userspace tool has the following bit modes: 64-bit

  Userspace rpm: binutils

  Already included within 20.10 via LP:
  https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/binutils/+bug/1888654

  This should also be SRUed for 20.04

  [Impact]

   * Vector alignment hints were enabled for z14 processors, but not z13

   * Since the z13 processors support vector alignment hints, binutils should
     have them enabled for z13

  [Test Case]

   * Run the test suite to make sure all tests pass

   * Pull in the change, and re-run the test suite to make sure all
     tests still pass. This backport includes tests for the vector
     alignment hints.

  [Where problems could occur]

   * If vector alignment hints were not enabled correctly we could still
     compile code with incorrectly ordered opcodes