** Changed in: sudo (Debian)

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to sudo in Ubuntu.

  [Maverick regression] Fingerprint authentication (libpam-thinkfinger,
  libpam-fprint & libpam-fprintd) not working with basic sudo

Status in GKSu:
  Invalid
Status in sudo:
  Unknown
Status in pam-fprint package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid
Status in sudo package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Released
Status in sudo package in Debian:

  Binary package hint: libpam-fprint

  I've been using thinkfinger for many releases, and fprint since Lucid
  (since Ubuntu chose to no longer support thinkfinger).  It was working
  with Maverick until recently.  At present, fprint will be used for
  login and graphical apps such as update-manager, but when I run sudo
  from a terminal, I am immediately prompted for a password.

  I have checked the behavior with both the standard fprint packages and
  those from the fprint team PPA, including replacing libpam-fprint with
  the new libpam-fprintd.  The behavior remains consistent.  I am
  prompted for a fingerprint *except* when using sudo.

  So, to be clear, I performed all of the steps here

https://launchpad.net/~fingerprint/+archive/fprint?field.series_filter=maverick
  and when I get to step 8, everything works EXCEPT for sudo.