Further update: I can’t reproduce the issue with "normal" text fields
(tested bing.com and yahoo.com, the issue isn’t present).

Tested again google.com, and I can’t reproduce the issue by only
clearing the field with backspace. For the bug to be observed, I first
have to clear the current uncommitted word with the "X" icon, then type
something else, then erase it with backspace, then hit backspace again
in the empty field, and the first word (that was cleared by "X") is
restored.

It seems there are two issues there, and my guess is that both are in oxide:
 - when the field is cleared with the "X" icon, we don’t cancel the current
composition
 - when pressing backspace in an empty text field, the event should be ignored

** Summary changed:

- [browser] Clearing text entry with backspace restores the previously
uncommitted word
+ Current composition is not canceled when a text input field is cleared
programmatically

** Changed in: ubuntu-keyboard

** Changed in: oxide

** Changed in: oxide

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to webbrowser-app in Ubuntu.

  Current composition is not canceled when a text input field is cleared
  programmatically

Status in Oxide Webview:
  Confirmed
Status in Ubuntu Keyboard:
  Invalid
Status in Web Browser App:
  Invalid
Status in “webbrowser-app” package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid

Bug description:
  Using rtm 122
  - start the webbrowser
  - go on google.com
  - type "ubuntu" in the google page text entry
  - tap the "x" symbol at the right of the entry

  -> the entry is cleared and then the text is restored

  once you hit that issue, you can also hit another bug
  - type the delete key until emptying the entry, then another time

  -> the text is restored and the delete key loop over the content