marking verification-done-bionic for systemd (I don't see any
verification steps listed for runc)

  test -x fails inside shell scripts in containers

Status in docker.io package in Ubuntu:
  New
Status in glibc package in Ubuntu:
  Opinion
Status in libseccomp package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Committed
Status in runc package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Released
Status in systemd package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Released
Status in docker.io source package in Xenial:
  New
Status in libseccomp source package in Xenial:
  New
Status in runc source package in Xenial:
  New
Status in systemd source package in Xenial:
  Invalid
Status in docker.io source package in Bionic:
  New
Status in libseccomp source package in Bionic:
  New
Status in runc source package in Bionic:
  Fix Committed
Status in systemd source package in Bionic:
  Fix Committed
Status in docker.io source package in Focal:
  New
Status in libseccomp source package in Focal:
  New
Status in runc source package in Focal:
  Fix Committed
Status in systemd source package in Focal:
  Fix Committed
Status in docker.io source package in Groovy:
  New
Status in libseccomp source package in Groovy:
  New
Status in runc source package in Groovy:
  Fix Committed
Status in systemd source package in Groovy:
  Fix Released
Status in docker.io source package in Hirsute:
  New
Status in libseccomp source package in Hirsute:
  Fix Committed
Status in runc source package in Hirsute:
  Fix Released
Status in systemd source package in Hirsute:
  Fix Released
Status in systemd package in Debian:

  (SRU template for systemd)

  [impact]

  bash (and some other shells) builtin test command -x operation fails

  [test case]

  on any affected host system, start nspawn container, e.g.:

  $ sudo apt install systemd-container
  $ wget
https://cloud-images.ubuntu.com/hirsute/current/hirsute-server-cloudimg-amd64-root.tar.xz
  $ mkdir h
  $ cd h
  $ tar xvf ../hirsute-server-cloudimg-amd64-root.tar.xz
  $ sudo systemd-nspawn

  Then from a bash shell, verify if test -x works:

  root@h:~# ls -l /usr/bin/gpg
  -rwxr-xr-x 1 1000 1000 1083472 Jan 16 09:53 /usr/bin/gpg
  root@h:~# test -x /usr/bin/gpg || echo "fail"
  fail

  [regression potential]

  any regression would likely occur during a syscall, most likely
  faccessat2(), or during other syscalls.

  [scope]

  this is needed for b/f

  this is fixed upstream by commit
  bcf08acbffdee0d6360d3c31d268e73d0623e5dc which is in 247 and later, so
  this is fixed in h

  this was pulled into Debian at version 246.2 in commit
  e80c5e5371ab77792bae94e0f8c5e85a4237e6eb, so this is fixed in g

  in x, the entire systemd seccomp code is completely different and the
  patch doesn't apply, nor does it appear to be needed, as the problem
  doesn't reproduce in a h container under x.

  [other info]

  this needs fixing in libseccomp as well

  [original description]

  glibc regression causes test -x to fail inside scripts inside
  docker/podman, dash and bash are broken, mksh and zsh are fine:

  root@0df2ce5d7a46:/# test -x /usr/bin/gpg || echo Fail
  root@0df2ce5d7a46:/# dash -c "test -x /usr/bin/gpg || echo Fail"
  Fail
  root@0df2ce5d7a46:/# bash -c "test -x /usr/bin/gpg || echo Fail"
  Fail
  root@0df2ce5d7a46:/# mksh -c "test -x /usr/bin/gpg || echo Fail"
  root@0df2ce5d7a46:/# zsh -c "test -x /usr/bin/gpg || echo Fail"
  root@0df2ce5d7a46:/#

  root@0df2ce5d7a46:/# zsh -c "[ -x /usr/bin/gpg ] || echo Fail"
  root@0df2ce5d7a46:/# mksh -c "[ -x /usr/bin/gpg ] || echo Fail"
  root@0df2ce5d7a46:/# dash -c "[ -x /usr/bin/gpg ] || echo Fail"
  Fail
  root@0df2ce5d7a46:/# bash -c "[ -x /usr/bin/gpg ] || echo Fail"
  Fail

  The -f flag works, as does /usr/bin/test:
  # bash -c "test -f /usr/bin/gpg  || echo Fail"
  # bash -c "/usr/bin/test -x /usr/bin/gpg  || echo Fail"
  #

  [Original bug report]
  root@84b750e443f8:/# lsb_release -rd
  Release:      21.04
  root@84b750e443f8:/# dpkg -l gnupg apt
  ||/ Name           Version         Architecture Description

+++-==============-===============-============-==========================================
  ii  apt            2.1.20          amd64        commandline package manager
  ii  gnupg          2.2.20-1ubuntu2 all          GNU privacy guard - a free
PGP replacement

  Hi,
  for 3 days our CI pipelines to recreate Docker images fails for the Hirsute
images. From comparison this seems to be caused by apt 2.1.20.

  The build fails with:

  0E: gnupg, gnupg2 and unupg1 do not seem to be installed, but one of
  them is required for this operation

  The simple Dockerfile to reproduce the error - "docker build -t foo ."

  FROM amd64/ubuntu:hirsute
  MAINTAINER Florian Lohoff <f...@zz.de>

  USER root

  RUN apt-get update \
   && DEBIAN_FRONTEND=noninteractive apt-get -y install curl gnupg apt \
    && curl https://syncthing.net/release-key.txt | apt-key add -

  Breaking it down it this seems to be an issue that there is new
  functionality in apt/apt-key e.g. security hardening that docker
  prohibits in its containers. Running this manually works only in an
  --privileged container.

  So adding keys in unpriviledged container or possibly kubernetes will
  not work anymore.

  Flo