There is a patch now that is expected to be in kernel version 5.13.

If you're willing to build your own kernel, you can find the patch here
and do it yourself:

https://github.com/thesofproject/linux/issues/2748

** Bug watch added: github.com/thesofproject/linux/issues #2748
   https://github.com/thesofproject/linux/issues/2748

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to alsa-driver in Ubuntu.

  alsa ALC285 Missing still, No Sound Lenovo Ideapad S740

Status in alsa-driver package in Ubuntu:
  Expired

Bug description:
  cat /proc/asound/card0/codec* | grep Codec

  I tired all the possible trouble shooting and firmware and kernel,

  Current Kernel : 5.0.0-37-generic

  Problem : If I connect Headphone or any 3.5 Jack device it works
  perfectly but my laptop speakers are not working still. Please help.
  For more info

  below link has more info for my device

  http://alsa-project.org/db/?f=581ebad190e03c379ea87ce08d6b365e1cfe4580