Jarno Suni wrote:
> Does one need to switch from guest session? Maybe it should be disabled.

One needed to switch from the guest session to the primary (sudoer) user
session to make permanent customization to the guest session. See

https://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2152804&p=12687863#post12687863

for instructions.

This allowed one to do some house cleaning such as disabling the
**backup reminder popup** (which one can't setup in a guest session
anyways, as all changes are lost on logout), and add Chrome on the
Guest's top panel for example.

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to lightdm in Ubuntu.

  Guest session asks for a password after switching users

Status in lightdm package in Ubuntu:

  When I switch back to an already open guest session from my user
  account, I find that the guest session is locked and it asks for the
  Guest password (which obviously there isn't because it's a guest
  session!).

  Package: gnome-session-bin 3.2.1-0ubuntu8
  ApportVersion: 2.0.1-0ubuntu8
  Architecture: amd64