apport information

** Attachment added: "LightdmDisplayLog.txt"

https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1928305/+attachment/5497095/+files/LightdmDisplayLog.txt

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to lightdm in Ubuntu.

  Lightdm ignores power saving settings; suspends system in 20 minutes
  regardless of sleep-inactive-ac-timeout parameter

Status in lightdm package in Ubuntu:

  Dear colleagues,

  We have discovered an abnormal operation of the lightdm
  (1.30.0-0ubuntu4~20.04.1) program.

  1. When no user is logged in (the initial user selection screen is
  displayed) the idle system goes into suspend (sleep) mode. The timeout
  for this event is 20 minutes.

  2. I tried to cancel the entering into sleep mode. To do this, I
  altered the sleep-inactive-ac-timeout and sleep-inactive-battery-
  timeout parameters to 0.

  The command sudo -H -u lightdm dbus-launch --exit-with-session
  gsettings list-recursively org.gnome.settings-daemon.plugins.power
  gives the output:

  root@supercat:/home/supercat# sudo -H -u lightdm dbus-launch
--exit-with-session gsettings list-recursively
org.gnome.settings-daemon.plugins.power
  No protocol specified
  org.gnome.settings-daemon.plugins.power lid-close-ac-action 'suspend'
  org.gnome.settings-daemon.plugins.power time-critical 300
  org.gnome.settings-daemon.plugins.power power-button-action 'suspend'
  org.gnome.settings-daemon.plugins.power
lid-close-suspend-with-external-monitor false
  org.gnome.settings-daemon.plugins.power button-hibernate 'hibernate'
  org.gnome.settings-daemon.plugins.power idle-dim true
  org.gnome.settings-daemon.plugins.power button-power 'suspend'
  org.gnome.settings-daemon.plugins.power lid-close-battery-action 'suspend'
  org.gnome.settings-daemon.plugins.power priority 0
  org.gnome.settings-daemon.plugins.power idle-brightness 30
  org.gnome.settings-daemon.plugins.power active true
  org.gnome.settings-daemon.plugins.power critical-battery-action 'hibernate'
  org.gnome.settings-daemon.plugins.power button-suspend 'suspend'
  org.gnome.settings-daemon.plugins.power button-sleep 'hibernate'
  org.gnome.settings-daemon.plugins.power percentage-critical 3
  org.gnome.settings-daemon.plugins.power sleep-inactive-ac-timeout 0
  org.gnome.settings-daemon.plugins.power sleep-inactive-ac-type 'suspend'
  org.gnome.settings-daemon.plugins.power ambient-enabled true
  org.gnome.settings-daemon.plugins.power notify-perhaps-recall true
  org.gnome.settings-daemon.plugins.power percentage-low 10
  org.gnome.settings-daemon.plugins.power percentage-action 2
  org.gnome.settings-daemon.plugins.power sleep-inactive-battery-type 'suspend'
  org.gnome.settings-daemon.plugins.power time-low 1200
  org.gnome.settings-daemon.plugins.power sleep-inactive-battery-timeout 0
  org.gnome.settings-daemon.plugins.power time-action 120
  org.gnome.settings-daemon.plugins.power use-time-for-policy true

  3. I checked the result, the system still suspends (goes into sleep mode) in
20 minutes. I checked the IdleAction parameter in /etc/systemd/logind.conf,
because it may affect the suspend mode. It is set to ignore.

  #  This file is part of systemd.
  #
  #  systemd is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it
  #  under the terms of the GNU Lesser General Public License as published by
  #  the Free Software Foundation; either version 2.1 of the License, or
  #  (at your option) any later version.
  #
  # Entries in this file show the compile time defaults.
  # You can change settings by editing this file.
  # Defaults can be restored by simply deleting this file.
  #
  # See logind.conf(5) for details.

  [Login]
  #NAutoVTs=6
  #ReserveVT=6
  #KillUserProcesses=no
  #KillOnlyUsers=
  #KillExcludeUsers=root
  #InhibitDelayMaxSec=5
  #HandlePowerKey=poweroff
  #HandleSuspendKey=suspend
  #HandleHibernateKey=hibernate
  #HandleLidSwitch=suspend
  #HandleLidSwitchExternalPower=suspend
  #HandleLidSwitchDocked=ignore
  #PowerKeyIgnoreInhibited=no
  #SuspendKeyIgnoreInhibited=no
  #HibernateKeyIgnoreInhibited=no
  #LidSwitchIgnoreInhibited=yes
  #HoldoffTimeoutSec=30s
  IdleAction=ignore
  IdleActionSec=30min
  #RuntimeDirectorySize=10%
  #RemoveIPC=yes
  #InhibitorsMax=8192
  #SessionsMax=8192

  I came to conclusion that lightdm ignores correctly given setting for
  not suspending the system (org.gnome.settings-daemon.plugins.power
  sleep-inactive-ac-timeout 0).

  Commentaries on this finding are welcome.
  ---
  ProblemType: Bug
  ApportVersion: 2.20.11-0ubuntu27.17
  Architecture: amd64
  CasperMD5CheckResult: skip
  CurrentDesktop: GNOME
  DistroRelease: Ubuntu 20.04
  Package: lightdm 1.30.0-0ubuntu4~20.04.1
  PackageArchitecture: amd64
  Tags: focal third-party-packages
  Uname: Linux 5.4.96-050496-lowlatency x86_64
  UpgradeStatus: Upgraded to focal on 2021-02-10 (92 days ago)
  UserGroups: android audio cdrom dialout dip fax floppy fuse lpadmin netdev
plugdev sambashare scanner tape users vboxusers video
  _MarkForUpload: True
  modified.conffile..etc.default.apport:
   # set this to 0 to disable apport, or to 1 to enable it
   # you can temporarily override this with
   # sudo service apport start force_start=1
   enabled=0
  mtime.conffile..etc.default.apport: 2014-03-07T13:05:12.906701