Upgrading to 14.10 did not fix it for me.

This is not a bug in light-locker, I removed the package from my system
and it has not helped.

Post #32 workaround brings back the mouse cursor.

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to xorg in Ubuntu.

  Invisible cursor after resume from suspend

Status in “light-locker” package in Ubuntu:
  Confirmed
Status in “xorg” package in Ubuntu:

  I am using the daily build of Xubuntu 14.04 x64 on a Lenovo Thinkpad
  x230. If I wake up the computer after it spending some time in the
  suspend state, the cursor will be invisible.  The courser still works
  (I can click on stuff and hover the invisible cursor over stuff), but
  the little arrow is not visible.  This bug showed up a few days ago
  after an update.  Putting the computer back in suspend state and
  immediately waking it back up resolves the issue until the next time
  the computer is put in suspend state for an extended period of time.

  It is possible that this bug has something to do with Whisker Menu.
  Sometimes when the courser is invisible it will still show up over
  Whisker Menu.  Most of the time it is invisible there too.

  Release: 14.04
  xfdesktop version 4.11.4, running on Xfce 4.10