Public bug reported:

I believe this is the same as Bug #1335558 (and the other bugs it
references), just a different printer model (same make as that bug
though, so might be worth investigating the other printers in the same
range from Lexmark, if that's possible).  The workaround in the comments
on that bug seems to have worked for me.

First print after a restart of the printer works okay, subsequent prints
output page after page of garbage characters, with the string "PJL ENTER
LANGUAGE" at the start.

** Affects: cups (Ubuntu)

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to cups in Ubuntu.

  Problem with Lexmark 120n print driver

Status in “cups” package in Ubuntu: