I have set up a single HP printer which is attached to my network.  The
setup process went smoothly, and when I open the Printers system setup
panel, I see only my printer there.

However, when I print from an application, and that application uses the
system print dialog box, my printer appears twice.  One entry, matching
the name correctly, works fine.  The other, which a slightly changed
name, does not work at all.  See attached screenshot.

Applications that have their own print dialog box do not have this
problem.  For example, Firefox shows only my printer once.  Same thing
with Libre Office.

Release:        20.04

** Affects: cups (Ubuntu)

** Tags: bot-comment
--
Print dialog box shows same printer twice
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1931612