All autopkgtests for the newly accepted apt (2.0.6) for focal have finished
running.
The following regressions have been reported in tests triggered by the package:

reprotest/0.7.14 (ppc64el)
apport/2.20.11-0ubuntu27.18 (amd64)

Please visit the excuses page listed below and investigate the failures,
proceeding afterwards as per the StableReleaseUpdates policy regarding
autopkgtest regressions [1].

https://people.canonical.com/~ubuntu-archive/proposed-
migration/focal/update_excuses.html#apt

[1] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/StableReleaseUpdates#Autopkgtest_Regressions

Thank you!

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to apt in Ubuntu.

  [SRU] Backport JSON hooks 0.2

Status in apt package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Released
Status in apt source package in Xenial:
  Fix Released
Status in apt source package in Bionic:
  Fix Committed
Status in apt source package in Focal:
  Fix Committed
Status in apt source package in Hirsute:
  Fix Committed
Status in apt source package in Impish:

  [Impact]
  We want to be able to use JSON hooks 0.2 in xenial and later releases to
display messages to users during dist-upgrade.

  For xenial, we backport the JSON hook support in its entirety, whereas
  for later releases, we only need to cherry-pick bugfixes and the v0.2
  improvements.

  [Test plan]
  We have included unit and integration tests for the new JSON code to test the
writer and prevent regressions in future changes. Regressions in other parts of
the code should be caught by the test suite.

  [Where problems could occur]
  There may be bugs in the JSON code (apt-private/private-json-hooks.*) and in
the integration thereof. The JSON hook code is identical to 2.3.2, whereas the
integration code needed slight adjustments.

  The integration changes are limited to adding the hooks, and (for
  xenial, already in later releases) collecting all unknown package
  names. We believe the regression potential of these changes to be
  fairly limited.

  However, errors in JSON hooks are fatal, so once JSON hooks are
  running, they can cause apt to fail, which has to be kept in mind.

  Existing JSON hooks might not expect the new notifications, and break,
  but we are only aware of the snapd hook and it ignores any unknown
  notifications, so that should not pose a problem.