We do not have any updates phasing in hirsute atm, so will have to hack
in one :)

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to apt in Ubuntu.

  Hirsute: Cannot install ubuntu-desktop due to unmet dependencies

Status in apt package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Released
Status in apt source package in Hirsute:
  Fix Committed
Status in apt source package in Impish:

  [Impact]
  Phased upgrades were only applied to already installed packages, so if we had
a source package foo building foo-core and foo-extra, and foo-core=1 was
installed, and we tried to install foo-extra, it would fail because it would
try to install 0% foo-extra=2 while blocking foo-core as it's "not for us".

  [Test Plan]
  The autopkgtests ensure we don't regress and they kind of check this by
checking the policy output to see that "foo-extra=2" above is also not the
candidate, but foo-extra=1 is (so installing it alongside foo-core=1 would work
fine) but they don't install it, so it might be nice to verify this too:

  Find a package that is phased, but not for us (maybe just setting the
  never-include-phased flag?), install one binary from it from the
  release pocket, and then try to install another from the updates
  pocket.

  At the moment, installing libsystemd-dev would trigger it.

  [Where problems could occur]
  This is a change in behavior when installing new packages that might cause
regression in image building tools for example, if those don't use a chroot
(chroots being detected).

  Apart from that risk, the change is just removing a flag check inside
  an if, so not much else.

  [Original bug report]

  I'm using the ubuntu-21.04-live-server-amd64 ISO to install my hirsute
  desktop machines so I can automate the installation.

  After installation, I'm trying to install the desktop via "apt install
  ubuntu-desktop".

  This fails with:
  "Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have
  or been moved out of Incoming.

   ubuntu-release-upgrader-gtk : Depends: ubuntu-release-upgrader-core (=
1:21.04.11) but 1:21.04.10 is to be installed
                                 Depends: python3-distupgrade (= 1:21.04.11)
but 1:21.04.10 is to be installed
  E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages."

  "apt policy ubuntu-release-upgrader-core" shows:
  "ubuntu-release-upgrader-core:
    Installed: 1:21.04.10
    Candidate: 1:21.04.10
    Version table:
       1:21.04.11 1 (phased 20%)
          500 http://at.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu hirsute-updates/main amd64
Packages
   *** 1:21.04.10 500
          500 http://at.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu hirsute/main amd64 Packages
          100 /var/lib/dpkg/status"

  I could not find any information what "phased 20%" means. It's
  obviously a major problem not being able to install the desktop on a
  fresh installation.