marking as invalid due to no response from reporter

** Changed in: systemd (Ubuntu)

** Changed in: systemd (Ubuntu Groovy)

  resolved CNAME redirect issues

Status in systemd:
  Fix Released
Status in systemd package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid
Status in systemd source package in Groovy:
  Invalid

Bug description:
  I am having issues loading certain websites such as linkedin.com and
  portions of google sites including images.google.com, hotmail.com
  login, etc. After looking through some logs and such I've determined
  that resolved is not properly following CNAMEs to an IP address.
  Querying the DNS server on my network directly for the info works
  fine. Loading the sites from other computers on the network works
  fine.

  In the #systemd IRC channel I was directed to the following two issues:
  https://github.com/systemd/systemd/pull/18892
  https://github.com/systemd/systemd/pull/19009

  System info:
  Ubuntu 20.10
  ii  systemd        246.6-1ubuntu1.2 amd64        system and service manager
  ii  linux-generic  5.8.0.48.53  amd64        Complete Generic Linux kernel
and headers

  Example:
  [11:06:00]<root@castle:/var/log> host static-exp1.licdn.com
  Host static-exp1.licdn.com not found: 2(SERVFAIL)
  [11:06:17]<root@castle:/var/log> resolvectl status
  Global
         LLMNR setting: no
  MulticastDNS setting: no
    DNSOverTLS setting: no
        DNSSEC setting: no
      DNSSEC supported: no
            DNS Domain: rhos.bigfiber.net
                        bigfiber.net

  Link 2 (enp6s0)
        Current Scopes: none
  DefaultRoute setting: no
         LLMNR setting: yes
  MulticastDNS setting: no
    DNSOverTLS setting: no
        DNSSEC setting: no
      DNSSEC supported: no

  Link 3 (enp4s0f0)
        Current Scopes: DNS
  DefaultRoute setting: yes
         LLMNR setting: yes
  MulticastDNS setting: no
    DNSOverTLS setting: no
        DNSSEC setting: no
      DNSSEC supported: no
    Current DNS Server: 10.18.1.1
           DNS Servers: 10.18.1.1
            DNS Domain: ~.
                        rhos.bigfiber.net
                        bigfiber.net

  Link 4 (enp4s0f1)
        Current Scopes: none
  DefaultRoute setting: no
         LLMNR setting: yes
  MulticastDNS setting: no
    DNSOverTLS setting: no
        DNSSEC setting: no
      DNSSEC supported: no
  [11:06:26]<root@castle:/var/log> host static-exp1.licdn.com 10.18.1.1
  Using domain server:
  Name: 10.18.1.1
  Address: 10.18.1.1#53
  Aliases:

  static-exp1.licdn.com is an alias for 2-01-2c3e-003d.cdx.cedexis.net.
  2-01-2c3e-003d.cdx.cedexis.net is an alias for li-prod-static.azureedge.net.
  li-prod-static.azureedge.net is an alias for li-prod-static.afd.azureedge.net.
  li-prod-static.afd.azureedge.net is an alias for
star-azureedge-prod.trafficmanager.net.
  star-azureedge-prod.trafficmanager.net is an alias for
dual.t-0009.t-msedge.net.
  dual.t-0009.t-msedge.net is an alias for t-0009.t-msedge.net.
  t-0009.t-msedge.net is an alias for Edge-Prod-WSTr3.ctrl.t-0009.t-msedge.net.
  Edge-Prod-WSTr3.ctrl.t-0009.t-msedge.net is an alias for
edge-prod-wstr3.ctrl.t-0001.trafficmanager.net.
  edge-prod-wstr3.ctrl.t-0001.trafficmanager.net is an alias for
standard.t-0009.t-msedge.net.
  standard.t-0009.t-msedge.net has address 13.107.213.19
  standard.t-0009.t-msedge.net has address 13.107.246.19
  standard.t-0009.t-msedge.net has IPv6 address 2620:1ec:46::19
  standard.t-0009.t-msedge.net has IPv6 address 2620:1ec:bdf::19

  resolved debugging log is attached.