** Changed in: systemd (Ubuntu)

  Gigabyte P35-DS3: does not stay suspended with default "ug" wake-on-
  lan setting

Status in Linux:
  Unknown
Status in linux package in Ubuntu:
  Triaged
Status in systemd package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid

Bug description:
  === Update: This bug was reported from BIOS version F13 of my board,
  in the meantime I upgraded to the most recent version F14, but this
  had no impact on the bug. ===

  Hello,

  using Suspend-to-RAM on my system has stopped working reliably on
  Vivid when booting with Systemd. When I try to suspend my PC the
  following happens:

  - PC turns off
  - PC unwantedly wakes up (turns on) by itself again. This time span until it
turns on again can reach from a second (almost immediately) until two or three
minutes.
  - In a few cases (<25%), the PC stays suspended properly.

  A way to workaround this problem is to boot my PC with Upstart instead
  of Systemd, then this problem never happens (and has never happened in
  any of the previous Ubuntu versions since 2008). Thus it seems to be a
  bug somehow related to Systemd.

  Other steps I have tried to solve the problem (without any success):

  - Checking BIOS settings, all options are set that way that the PC should
never wake up by any event other than pressing the power button.
  - Checking by running "cat /proc/acpi/wakeup | grep enabled" if any device
could cause wake up events. This lists my USB controller, but deactivating it
(with commands like "echo USB0 > /proc/acpi/wakeup") had no success on the
problem. Also suspend while running Upstart works fine despite the USB
controller listed as "enabled".

  In the system logs I could see no hint what causes the undesired wake-
  ups.

  Allthough there is one factor which seems to have a certain influence:
  If I close programs like Pidgin, Skype or Firefox that cause
  continuous network traffic, the chance is higher that my PC will stay
  suspened (while runinng Systemd).

  Kind regards,
  Jan

  Package: systemd 219-7ubuntu3
  NonfreeKernelModules: nvidia
  ApportVersion: 2.17.2-0ubuntu1
  Architecture: amd64
  CurrentDesktop: Unity
  Date: Thu Apr 30 11:24:46 2015
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 15.04 "Vivid Vervet" - Beta amd64 (20150415)
  MachineType: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. P35-DS3
  ProcKernelCmdLine: BOOT_IMAGE=/@/boot/vmlinuz-3.19.0-15-generic
root=/dev/mapper/internal--ssd-root ro rootflags=subvol=@ quiet splash
  SourcePackage: systemd
  dmi.bios.date: 07/10/2008
  dmi.bios.vendor: Award Software International, Inc.
  dmi.bios.version: F13
  dmi.board.name: P35-DS3
  dmi.board.vendor: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
  dmi.board.version: x.x
  dmi.chassis.type: 3
  dmi.chassis.vendor: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
  dmi.modalias:
dmi:bvnAwardSoftwareInternational,Inc.:bvrF13:bd07/10/2008:svnGigabyteTechnologyCo.,Ltd.:pnP35-DS3:pvr:rvnGigabyteTechnologyCo.,Ltd.:rnP35-DS3:rvrx.x:cvnGigabyteTechnologyCo.,Ltd.:ct3:cvr:
  dmi.product.name: P35-DS3
  dmi.sys.vendor: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.