please reopen if this is still an issue

** Changed in: systemd (Ubuntu)

  when installing systemd, it creates /run/nologin preventing all users
  from logging in.

Status in systemd:
  New
Status in systemd package in Ubuntu:
  Won't Fix
Status in systemd package in Suse:
  Unknown

Bug description:
  How to replicate:

  sudo apt-get install systemd

  wait for 5 minutes

  check to see if /run/nologin appears. If it does the bug is present.
  See https://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2327330

  I ran this command via ansible on all of my servers. Then I could no
  longer log into any of them. Pretty big bug in my opinion. Please fix.

  -Tim

  Package: systemd 204-5ubuntu20.20
  ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 3.13.0-105.152-generic 3.13.11-ckt39
  Uname: Linux 3.13.0-105-generic x86_64
  ApportVersion: 2.14.1-0ubuntu3.23
  Architecture: amd64
  CurrentDesktop: KDE
  Date: Fri Dec 16 12:03:55 2016
  InstallationMedia: Kubuntu 14.04 LTS "Trusty Tahr" - Release amd64
(20140416.1)
  SourcePackage: systemd