** Also affects: cups (Ubuntu)

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to cups in Ubuntu.

  [21.04] Funky new printer (Netowkr printer autofind)

Status in Ubuntu MATE:
  New
Status in cups package in Ubuntu:

  Using 21.04-latest on my main desktop, I am using a Xerox Versalink
  C405 via IPv4 and it always worked pretty good.

  Boring pre-ambule:
  I have been running this system for at least 90+ days and yesterday I had the
black cartridge being switched for a new one and ever since it doesn't work.
(But it still works from a windoze machine).

  Situation:
  After being unable to print from Linux my first reaction was to reinstall the
printer. I have therefore went under MATE menu -> printers -> add -> Network
Printer -> Find Network printer ->

  Question #1: is it me or in previous UM versions after clicking on
  "finder network printer" after a couple of seconds it automatically
  found and configured it? Actually, when installing 21.04 it had
  automatically found and configured my Xerox printer......

  Question #2: Since nothing is auto-discovered after 2+ minutes of
  waiting in the New printer wizard (Find network printer), I have
  manually forced the printer's IP into the Host text field and then
  pressed on FIND.

  And this is the reason why I am opening this ticket. See the bottom
  picture because I do not think this is normal....

  PS: The finality is that I am UNABLE to readd this printer. (But again
  it was automatically installed+configured at OS installation)