This issue is for Lucid Lynx, which reached EOL in 2013 for desktop
packages. I vote we close this issue as WONTFIX (I don't have permission
to set WONTFIX status on this issue).

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to gtk+2.0 in Ubuntu.

  Lucid alpha 2: first 21 characters of Synaptic "Applying changes"
  status line are italic

Status in gtk+2.0 package in Ubuntu:
  New
Status in synaptic package in Ubuntu:

  Lucid alpha 2: first 21 characters of Synaptic "Applying changes"
  status line (e.g. Preparing blahpackage0-dev) are italic, while the
  rest of the characters are not. This isn't a major issue, and is
  purely cosmetic.

  Screenshots:

  http://azabani.com/images/lucid-synaptic-italic-1
  http://azabani.com/images/lucid-synaptic-italic-2