Ah, sorry. I saw "disable-regex" and thought that was a description of
the resolution to the failing stack-overflow test!

If updating grep to 3.7 is the easiest way to fix the problem then we
can consider that. But since we're in Feature Freeze for Impish, this
needs an assessment for feature changes. I see you posted the changes
from 3.6 to 3.7. Does this mean you already made the assessment and if
so, what was your conclusion? If feature changes exist then we'll need a
freeze exception from the release team to proceed down this path.

> With the new information above, I think the way I have structured it
> matches the problem I'm trying to address - what do you think?

It's certainly closer but I still think it's a little misleading. Maybe
if we expanded the text it'd be closer. How about:

* New upstream version 3.7 to fix FTBFS (LP: #1940999)
* Add d/p/06-disable-test-regex.patch to disable failing test-regex

But in any case, we can leave it until we've concluded the question on
the best approach to take.

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to grep in Ubuntu.

  FTBFS against glibc 2.34

Status in grep package in Ubuntu:

  The package grep failed to build in a recent archive rebuild, see
  https://people.canonical.com/~doko/ftbfs-report/test-
  rebuild-20210805-impish-impish.html#foundations-bugs .

  The failure is in automated test, as follows:

  stack-overflow: failed test: grep never printed "stack overflow"
  FAIL: stack-overflow