This should now be fixed on Launchpad's end: we're running the gettext
backport that you can see in https://launchpad.net/~canonical-is-
sa/+archive/ubuntu/launchpad/+packages.  Could you please try reverting
the workaround and make sure that things work properly now?

** Changed in: launchpad

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to gettext in Ubuntu.

  LP refuses to import plural strings where e.g. msgstr[0] entries in PO
  file miss %d

Status in Launchpad itself:
  Fix Released
Status in Ubuntu Translations:
  Triaged
Status in gettext package in Ubuntu:
  In Progress

Bug description:
  Some strings of GNOME Shell are untranslated in the Czech translation
  on Ubuntu 18.04 although they are translated upstream and when I try
  to manually translate them on launchpad, I get this error: "number of
  format specifications in 'msgid_plural' and 'msgstr[0]' does not
  match".

  The bad strings are:
  %d minute ago
  %d minutes ago

  %d hour ago
  %d hours ago

  %d week ago
  %d weeks ago

  %d month ago
  %d months ago

  %d year ago
  %d years ago

  They seem to be correct, but they are not accepted for some reason.