@Lorn: Did you have wifi turned on with a known network when you booted?

I've seen the same that Pat saw: if you boot with wifi on, then turn
wifi off, 3G stays on and doesn't have the reconnect cycle. However, if
you boot so that wifi was disabled before starting the reboot, the 3G
keeps reconnecting even if you enable wifi, disable it again etc.

It becomes even more complicated (at least for me) if you try forgetting
the known wifi networks (via wifi settings). My idea was to start with
wifi powered on but no known network, to test how's the 3G in that case.
I thought it was my mako or SIM card acting up earlier, but I've now
noticed the pattern that I lose the SIM PIN dialog if I forget the old
wifi networks, which means I can't test this case since I don't get GSM
functionality. Does it work on krillin, forget the wifi networks and
reboot?

Yesterday I asked Antti (Wellark) to try to decipher what's happening,
but I didn't hear from him yet whether he got results. He was working on
dbus listening / log parsing to try to find out what's calling the
reconnects.

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to network-manager in Ubuntu.

  [TOPBLOCKER] QNetworkAccessManager doesn't support roaming on Ubuntu

Status in Platform API:
  In Progress
Status in The Savilerow project:
  New
Status in “network-manager” package in Ubuntu:
  Incomplete
Status in “ofono” package in Ubuntu:
  New
Status in “qtbase-opensource-src” package in Ubuntu:
  In Progress

Bug description:
  scope images load fine in wifi, but not on hsdpa even when there is
  good connectivity and browsing works well. Results are return, but
  images do not load.