Hi,
I've created the package if someone would like to review it.
https://launchpad.net/~sagiben/+archive/ubuntu/network-manager-libreswan
Thanks,
 Sagi.

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to network-manager in Ubuntu.

  [Request] Libreswan plugin for Network Manager

Status in libreswan package in Ubuntu:
  Confirmed
Status in network-manager package in Ubuntu:

  Hello!

  I have the need to use Libreswan instead of strongswan to connect to
  an IPSec IKEv1 XAuth VPN in main mode without a group. Thing is
  strongswan doesn't support this configuration, so I explicitally need
  it. Nonetheless, libreswan is as developed as strongswan and it's
  widely used.

  using config files in /etc (ipsec.conf and .secrets) it's possible to
  correctly configure ipsec/libreswan, but needlessly to say, having the
  possibility to manage it via a GUI is 100 times better (and easier for
  "normal" users).

  In the current repositories (Zesty) I only found the libreswan's ipsec
  binaries (package libreswan), but not the network manager plugin
  (sources are available on github).

  I've tried to compile them, but I'm afraid they use a different path
  pattern than Ubuntu, so without making changes it's not possible to
  succesfully install it from sources.

  Thanks

  LibreSwan NetworkManager plugin sources:
  https://github.com/NetworkManager/network-manager-libreswan