> I'll monitor the "-backports" discussion and let's see from there.

Looks like the backports pocket will be available again. I added bionic-
backports so that this request can be found from that end, since it
looks like backports was something being considered. I don't intend to
imply any particular opinion about the best route.

** Also affects: bionic-backports

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to iptables in Ubuntu.

  iptables-restore is missing -w option

Status in Bionic Backports:
  New
Status in iptables package in Ubuntu:

  For CRIU we need to have iptables version 1.6.2 which includes the
  '-w' option in iptables-restore.

  This is a request to update iptables to 1.6.2 in 18.10 and if possible
  backport the necessary changes to 18.04.

  The CRIU project gets right now many bug reports (mostly in the
  combination LXD + CRIU) due to the missing '-w' option in iptables-
  restore. Especially as 18.04 will be around for some time it would be
  good to have iptables-restore available with '-w'.

  This is one example bug report: https://github.com/checkpoint-
  restore/criu/issues/551

  But not only CRIU would benefit from this change. It seems also
  problematic with Kubernetes:
  https://github.com/kubernetes/kubernetes/pull/60978

  So if possible, please update iptables to 1.6.2 (or backport changes)
  to support -w in iptables-restore.