I have the same problem when I try to install nvidia-driver-470 on
Ubuntu 21.10. My system was not updated, in my case I installed the OS
from 0.

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to software-properties in

  Additional Drivers fails with pk-client-error-quark: Cannot download
  packages whilst offline (257)

Status in software-properties package in Ubuntu:

  Additional Drivers fails to install nvidia-driver-470:

    Error while applying changes

    pk-client-error-quark: Cannot download packages whilst offline (257)

  But the machine is ONLINE with full Internet access.

  WORKAROUND:

  sudo apt install nvidia-driver-470