Hirsute:

Install the Hirsute on that Dell machine (sdw audio without headset),
enable the hirsute-proposed ppa in the /etc/apt/sources.list, sudo apt-
get update, sudo apt install libasound2, the libaousnd2
1.2.4-1.1ubuntu2.1 is installed, reboot, check the gnome-sound-setting,
the speaker and internal digital mic show in the UI, this means the
pulseaudio loads the correct UCM for this machine. And test playback and
recording, all worked well.

Verification done on hirsute.

** Tags removed: verification-needed-hirsute
** Tags added: verification-done-hirsute

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to alsa-lib in Ubuntu.

  [SRU] alsa-lib: ucm: Regex returns correct value without matching a
  string

Status in HWE Next:
  New
Status in alsa-lib package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Committed
Status in alsa-lib source package in Focal:
  Fix Committed
Status in alsa-lib source package in Hirsute:
  Fix Committed
Status in alsa-lib source package in Impish:
  Fix Committed
Status in alsa-lib source package in Jammy:
  Fix Committed

Bug description:
  [Impact]
  In the Dell project, we tried to enable the audio on a machine, the machine
has the soundwire audio design, it needs to load the ucm correctly, then users
could see the audio devices from gnome. But on this machine, the ucm can't be
loaded, through debugging, we found this machine has no headset, the Regex
returns a wrong value when matching "Regex " hs:([a-z0-9]+(-sdca)?)". If let
Regex returns a correct value, the ucm could be loaded successfully.

  [Fix]
  Backport a commit from upstream, this commit is merged to upstream from v1.2.5

  [Test]
  After installed the patched libasound2, reboot, we could see the ucm is
loaded succesfully on this machine, and open the gnome-sound-setting, we could
see the internal mic and internal speaker, and all of them could work normally.

  [Where problems will occur]
  This change affect the Regex parser in the ucm, so if it could introduce
regression, it will be on the ucm. It could make the audio not work (fail to
load ucm and users can't see any audio devices from gnome) on the machines
which need ucm. But this possibility is very low, since this commit is
backported from upstream and we already tested this backporting on 2 lenovo
machines and 2 Dell machines which all need ucm to work.