Hi,

I hit this old bug while I was doing some bug clearance.

Upstream closed the bug as won't fix (pretty freeze in upstream... same
stable version since 2011), but on the other hand, 95packagekit was
removed as per [1].

Therefore the bug reported here is still present in Debian/Ubuntu due to
the upstream's no updating work on pm-utils. As per Christian's comment
on #7, the best would be to file the bug in Debian, but I don't know how
effective it would be as there are 104 active bugs there [2] (it seems a
kind orphaned).

Are we in a position to take on a delta in Ubuntu, or is it not worth
it?

[1] https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/packagekit/+bug/1548480/comments/9
[2] https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?repeatmerged=no&src=pm-utils

** Tags added: server-todo

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to pm-utils in Ubuntu.

  Sleep hook in a subdirectory ignored but causes double execution of
  previous hook

Status in pm-utils:
  Won't Fix
Status in pm-utils package in Ubuntu:

  The set of sleep hooks provided in /usr/lib/pm-utils/sleep.d includes
  one (95packagekit/95packagekit) that is stored in a subdirectory. This
  has two effects:

  1    the hook is not run;

  2    the previous hook, currently /usr/lib/pm-utils/sleep.d/95led, is
  run for a second time instead.

  Presumably #1 is wrong, and results from an installation fault in
  packagekit,  separately reported as bug 1548480.

  #2 occurs because the function run_hooks() in /usr/lib/pm-utils/pm-
  functions computes a list of to-be-executed hooks that includes
  directories but neither fully validates each such hook as a regular
  file nor handles a set of to-be-executed hooks in a subdirectory.

  At lines 243 on, there is  a code path with no else clause through
  which the $hook from the previous iteration can be accidentally
  reused:

                if [ -f "$syshooks/$base" ]; then
                        hook="$syshooks/$base"
                elif [ -f "$phooks/$base" ]; then
                        hook="$phooks/$base"
                fi

  An easy fix is to insert the missing else clause before the fi line so
  that the script skips the subdirectory or other non-regular file and
  carries on with the next correctly specified hook:

                if [ -f "$syshooks/$base" ]; then
                        hook="$syshooks/$base"
                elif [ -f "$phooks/$base" ]; then
                        hook="$phooks/$base"
                else
                        continue
                fi

  Observed in Lubuntu 14.04.3,4 with pm-utils 1.4.1-13ubuntu0.1,2.
  However the relevant pm-utils code dates back to 2008, pm-utils
  upstream version 1.1.0.

  Package: pm-utils 1.4.1-13ubuntu0.2 [modified: usr/lib/pm-utils/pm-functions]
  ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 4.2.0-29.34~14.04.1-generic 4.2.8-ckt3
  Uname: Linux 4.2.0-29-generic i686
  ApportVersion: 2.14.1-0ubuntu3.19
  Architecture: i386
  Date: Mon Feb 22 17:10:53 2016
  InstallationMedia: Lubuntu 14.04.4 LTS "Trusty Tahr" - Release i386
(20160217.1)
  PackageArchitecture: all
  SourcePackage: pm-utils