On Mon, Nov 29, 2021 at 10:33 PM, Trent Lloyd
<1952...@bugs.launchpad.net> wrote:
> Thanks for the data. I can see you queried 'steven-ubuntu.local' and
> that looks like the hostname of the local machine. Can you also query
> the hostname of the AFP server you are trying to connect to (using
> both
> getent hosts and avahi-resolve-host-name).

To confirm, 'steven-ubuntu.local' is the hostname of the 20.04 system,
where
all queries are performed to data requests.
New data with a caveat:

** Attachment added: "network_report_2.txt"

https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1952496/+attachment/5545421/+files/network_report_2.txt

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to avahi in Ubuntu.

  ubuntu 20.04 LTS network problem

Status in avahi package in Ubuntu:

  Network afp only partially works. Two tries, Elementary OS 6, Ubuntu
  20.04 installs both have identical problem. Resolved by reinstalling
  Ubuntu 18.04 LTS. Using different kernels doesn't matter. Specific
  problem is with afp protocol name resolution. Searching local network
  for ip address using afp://ip_address did connect, but using GUI
  Files/Other Locations/Networks with named hosts will not. Always
  returns can't resolve hostname.local. Tried multiple edits of
  different network files, even installed netatalk in attempts. Again,
  solution is to go back to downgrade, works right out of the box, as
  did on another, and this before upgrade. This was only attempted with
  2 other computers, one mac, one ubuntu/elementary.