I used ubuntu for nearly 10 years but this issue is critical for me.
Thanks a lot

‐‐‐‐‐‐‐ Original Message ‐‐‐‐‐‐‐
On Tuesday, January 11, 2022 2:14 PM, gnu.linux1 at pm.me
<06b6m7zt+gnu.linux1=pm...@anonaddy.me> wrote:

> This email was sent to 06b6m...@anonaddy.me from gnu.lin...@pm.me with
> subject "(No Subject)" and has been forwarded by
> [AnonAddy](https://anonaddy.com)
> Click
> [here](https://app.anonaddy.com/deactivate/b094640d-0f4f-4e43-ad7b-0b1794928280?signature=9b46cf2a6cde81a072327647918b15de917c14b8491a7a866142b116e7dc821b)
>  to deactivate this alias
> 06b6 is the code
>
> Sent with [ProtonMail](https://protonmail.com) Secure Email.

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to network-manager in Ubuntu.

  any dns defined in network-manager doesnt go in openvpn tunnel (leaks
  on gnome/mate/xubuntu only in 21.10)

Status in network-manager package in Ubuntu:

  in all linux including ubuntu up to version 21.04, when dns is set to not
automatic in network manager and one dns is set manually (exemple 1.1.1.1) when
openvpn is used the dns is going through the vpn tunnel.
  On ubuntu 21.10 (I tested ubuntu, ubuntu mate and xubuntu)I can affirm the
dns in this case is not going trough the vpn.it is leaking.I have used ubuntu
for years this is first time this problem occurs (21.10).(and it s not just a
question of packages because on my arch linux installs I never had such
problem, so it must be a config problem.

  (when using packages stubby or dnscrypt-proxy (to encrypt dns queries)
  and dns 127.0.0.1 is set in network-manager the dns does goes trough
  the vpn (but stubby service needs to be sometimes reloded, it is less
  reliable that it used to be with previous versions of ubuntu)

  (I cannot speculate where the bug is from (network-manager, systemd
  resolved etc)