The system was updated from Ubuntu 20.04 to 21.10, but it’s still not
working out of the box without the script `a2dp.py`.

I am not able to work more on the issue, as I do not have the
environment, but maybe Canonical and Google should work more closely
together on the QA side.

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to pulseaudio in Ubuntu.

  bluetooth: Google Nest not working

Status in gnome-bluetooth package in Ubuntu:
  New
Status in pulseaudio package in Ubuntu:

  Connect a Google Nest to a ASUS laptop running Ubuntu 20.04, the
  devices pair, and *Office Speaker* shows up as an output device in the
  *Sound* settings, but no sound is heard (also doing the speaker test).

  In Debian sid/unstable with GNOME Shell 41.2 and *gnome-bluetooth*
  3.34.5-4, there is one more row in the audio settings allowing to set
  up some codecs. After changing that around, it finally works.

  Ubuntu probably needs something similar.