Public bug reported:

Debian is shipping nss 3.73.1, but that is not an ESR release. Ubuntu is
on 3.68, which is ESR, but two releases behind: upstream has 3.68.2.

Here are upstream's release notes:
3.68.1: https://groups.google.com/a/mozilla.org/g/dev-tech-crypto/c/jFIuiWbCphk
Changes:
 - Bug 1735028 - check for missing signedData field.
 - Bug 1737470 - Ensure DER encoded signatures are within size limits.

3.68.2: https://groups.google.com/a/mozilla.org/g/dev-tech-crypto/c/uGRwqw6Ove8
Change:
   - Bug 966856 - Add SHA-2 support to mozilla::pkix's OCSP implementation

Our 3.68 package has a patch for CVE-2021-43527. It's unclear if any of
the above changes is that CVE. The most promising one was bug 1737470,
but the bug is private.

The request here is to investigate if our patched 3.68 has one or more
of the fixes in the above point releases, and if it would be worth it to
go to 3.68.2. I think we should not go to 3.7x.

Ubuntu has been on 3.68 since impish.

** Affects: nss (Ubuntu)

** Tags: server-todo

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to nss in Ubuntu.

  Consider update to 3.68.2

Status in nss package in Ubuntu: