Historically, we have sought to avoid publishing to -updates of SRUs
that only fix autopkgtests because fixing the autopkgtests does not
change the behavior of the package in a way that benefits the end user
and justifies the download cost.

However, between the fact that this is initramfs-tools, and the recent
changes to the behavior of proposed-migration, I think it's important
that an exception be made here.  The initramfs-tools package is critical
to how our systems boot, and we cannot afford to have regressions in
test coverage of this package.  If an update to the Linux kernel has the
consequence that the baseline (i.e. in -updates) for initramfs-tools has
regressed, this means that any future packages which trigger initramfs-
tools autopkgtests will NOT have their SRUs blocked by test failures,
whether or not they have introduced further regressions in initramfs-
tools.

Unless we land this package in -updates, ensuring that we have a green
baseline.

** Tags removed: block-proposed-focal block-proposed-impish

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to initramfs-tools in Ubuntu.

  autopkgtest is failing on jammy with "no space left on device"

Status in initramfs-tools package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Released
Status in initramfs-tools source package in Bionic:
  Invalid
Status in initramfs-tools source package in Focal:
  In Progress
Status in initramfs-tools source package in Impish:
  In Progress

Bug description:
  [Impact]
  In debian/tests/prep-image we create an image file of 1GB, but recent
jammy/focal cloud images are (barely) bigger than that, for example the current
one uncompressed is 1001MB...

  Example of a test failure:

https://autopkgtest.ubuntu.com/results/autopkgtest-jammy/jammy/amd64/i/initramfs-tools/20220126_160323_8bcd1@/log.gz

  Maybe we should consider to create image files of 2GB or even bigger,
  considering that we are only going to allocate the space that is
  actually needed, because we create the file using truncate.

  [Test Plan]
  Run autotestpkg tests from initramfs-tools package. The "net" test is the one
that depends on the image created by 'prep-image'. The testcase should complete
successfully without the temporary image running out of space.

  [Where problems could occur]
  The creation of a larger image for the tests could fail if the filesystem of
the test system is low on disk space. However, as mentioned before, as the
image file is created using 'truncate', only the necessary space needed to
uncompress the cloudimg will be used on the filesystem. Apart from that, we
assume that 2GB of free space should be available on every test system used for
Ubuntu autopkgtest.